Welcome!

INTRO POSTFAQ'sMY STORYPOST DIRECTORYTWITTERPINTERESTTUMBLR

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Upcoming Projects & Events

I have lots of exciting projects and events lined up for the Autumn and Winter, and thought I would share them here so that you can have a read of what I'll be involved in during the upcoming months!

Wednesday, 27th August
Filming a video with professional dancer, Faye Huddleston, promoting Henshaws Society for Blind People's biggest and brightest fundraising campaign - Bright for Sight! Faye and I take on the 'No Mirror Make-Up Challenge' created especially for the video, applying our brightest make-up products without a mirror!

Monday, 1st September
I'll be starting my work placement, at Henshaws Society for Blind People's Manchester resource centre, with the marketing team. I'll be involved with lots of different aspects of marketing, including; updating and maintaining their social media websites, updating blog posts, sitting in on meetings and taking minutes, connecting and networking with other companies, and so on.

Saturday, 13th September
Have Your Say Day at Friends Meeting House near St. Peters Square. This is a unique and entertaining day for blind and visually impaired people to share and discuss their views and experiences, along with three guest speakers, on topics such as Braille and tactile maps, new technology, the shared space concept and crossing the road safely and independently.

Saturday, 20th September
The One Man's Vision exhibition opens at Salford Museum and Art Gallery, based on the story of Thomas Henshaw and his philanthropic work which resulted in Henshaw's Asylum for the Blind - now Henshaws Society for Blind People. I am currently Brailling out accessible labels to be displayed alongside the special objects and paintings, kindly donated by the RNIB and Gallery Oldham, and will also help to install the exhibits beforehand. You can find out more about the exhibition by visiting the One Man's Vision website here.

Wednesday, 1st October
The second Henshaws Fashion Fundraiser takes place at Alderley Edge Cricket Club in Cheshire. I'll be giving another speech at the fashion show, this time based on the make-up I wear - how I select and purchase my products, how I identify them and how I apply them with the limited vision I have without a mirror. You read about my attendance at the first event, earlier this year, by clicking here.

Thursday, 23rd October
An Envision Meeting at the RNIB HQ in Judd Street, London, to discuss the feedback identified in the coffee shop surveys - as well as to finalise our coffee shop charter, following discussion regarding presenting it to the 4 main coffee chains in the UK.

Monday, 10th November - Wednesday, 12th November
Visit to European Parliament in Brussels, Belgium, with the RNIB and European Blind Union, to meet and engage with MEPs to discuss issues, such as; the accessibility of manufactured goods (including ICT) and the accessibility of apps, websites and social media.