Welcome!

INTRO POSTFAQ'sMY STORYPOST DIRECTORYTWITTERPINTERESTTUMBLR

Saturday 11 October 2014

Letter from the Mayor of Salford!


I've received the most wonderful letter from the Mayor of Salford, Ian Stewart, this weekend! When my mum opened it and read it out loud, I couldn't believe that I had received such a lovely message!

The Mayor had written to express his delight of my final illustration for the RNIB's Insight Magazine, where I depict him holding up the 'Spirit of Salford' sign. My illustration was based on my achievements over the past year, and I wanted to include the Mayor after the lovely tweets he sent to me via Twitter earlier in the year after I had appeared in the Salford Advertiser and Manchester Evening News for my illustrations with the RNIB.

Letter Transcript

Dear Kimberley,

I am writing as I have recently seen the illustration you produced of me promoting the Spirit of Salford, which you completed for the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) Insight Magazine.

I have to tell you that I was absolutely delighted when I saw the illustration. Not only because the illustration is a fantastic likeness, but remarkably it highlights that you, the artist, truly incorporate the Spirit of Salford.

You are an inspirational young woman who creates beautiful illustrations which are rightly being recognised nationally and Salford is extremely proud of you. Your passion, determination and creativity sums up everything about the Spirit of Salford.

I sincerely hope that you get to follow your dream and study fine art at the Royal National College for the Blind in Hereford.

Well done and best wishes for the future.

Yours sincerely,
Ian Stewart
City Mayor


I want to say a big thank you Mr. Stewart for taking the time out of his busy schedule to write to me personally. I am truly honoured to receive such a delightful letter and it is something that I will treasure and keep for my lifetime!